So the next day, I headed to 30 Rockerfeller Center to make sure I got my ticket early. Once all tickets were handed out, they had us line up. It took a while to get into the studio, but luckily I got a prime aisle seat. I was also lucky enough to speak to some of the NBC pages about their jobs and the application process. Can't hurt to look into it for after I graduate.
Once seated, I made sure to take it all in. The studio was smaller than I imagined, but fantastic nonetheless. And the seats were originally from Radio City Music Hall! I spotted a few of their softball players from last night. I said hi to a few and even the warm-up guy recognized me. He made sure to throw a jab in my direction during his bit before the show.
Finally, The Roots took to the stage and performed an amazing number with an extra horn section. While I loved seeing Black Thought and Quest-Love, Owen is my favorite of the band. His part in "The Real Housewives of Late Night" cracks me up. After the song, the announcer, Higgins, came out and it was time to start the show.
Watching the show was an amazing experience. I was able to compare how their crew put the show to motion compared to TDS. But the best was yet to come. The guest was Justin Timberlake. He is even hotter in person, not to mention hilarious. During the second half of his interview, he and Jimmy performed "The History of Rap II" and made their way into the audience. Not only did I get to dance by Jimmy Fallon, it was caught on camera!
The rest of the show went by way too fast. Rose Byrne was great and the musical guest even did an extra number for the Late Night website. After Jimmy thanked all his guests, he came into the audience to shake hands with those seated along the aisles. I was one of the last audience members to be greeted. When he shook my hand, I said, "Great job at softball last night." His face lit up in recognition as he said thanks. Before I knew it, he gave me a HUGE hug. A legitimate hug, not a "I'm just hugging you because I have to" hug but a "Glad to see you!" hug. He then said, "You're going to be all over the Internet tomorrow with where you're sitting" and laughed.
The next day, after I'd climbed half-way down Cloud 9, I learned that he was right. Several of my friends, another intern and a staff member at TDS commented that they'd seen me on Fallon last night. Talk about crazy!

^Best picture I could get. See me reppin' TxState.
No comments:
Post a Comment